Friday, August 11, 2006

Seesaw swingin' with the boys in school and your feet flyin' up in the air

So in all the hullaballoo surrounding the development next door I totally neglected to mention that Nolan took his first steps last week.

He can stand on his own for a pretty long time now, especially if he doesn't realize he's doing it. As soon as he figures out he's not holding on to anything, though, he immediately grabs something or sits down.

So last Thursday I just decided to stand him up on his own a couple feet away from me and see if he would walk to me. And he did! He got this big daredevil grin on his face, like, "Now I'm going to do something really dangerous!" and he took about three steps before he collapsed against me, laughing. We did it a couple more times and then he seemed to get tired of the novelty of it all and went back to crawling.

When KB got home we sat down on the floor a few feet apart and had Nolan walk back and forth between us a couple times. Each time he would be able to walk about three or four steps on his own before he'd start to teeter alarmingly and one of us would grab him. It was excellent fun. And when my mom was here last weekend we did the same thing so she could see him walking, which thrilled her to no end.

Now when we walk around with him holding onto my hands, he's much more stable and balanced. The holding onto my hands is more of a psychological thing than actual assistance at this point. Like Dumbo's feather.

So it won't be long now before he's tearing it up!

Thanks for reading.

No comments: